How can I contact BLT System?
You can call us at (763) 515-3405 or email us at [email protected]. Faster responses will likely be when sending us an email. If you call you should expect to leave a message and a delay for someone to return your call.
How do the lab tests work if I order them online? Where do I go for blood lab testing and where are the results sent?
- When ordering lab testing through the BLT System you will simply select "Add to Cart" for any lab tests you are looking to have done. Here is the direct link to the lab ordering website: https://bltsystem-orderlabtesting.com/
- You CANNOT have more than one person listed on a lab order you submit through the BLT System. Only one person can be listed on a lab order submission. If more than one person is listed on your order it will be rejected and you will have to redo your lab order as a separate order for each person.
- After selecting all your lab tests you will go to a checkout page to complete your order with your contact info and payment information. Please note that not all HSA or FSA cards will work in the BLT System. If you are wanting to use HSA or FSA for your lab testing you may need to use a regular debit or credit card to pay for your testing, and then you can print a receipt from your BLT System account to submit to your HSA or FSA for reimbursement.
- When you submit your order online it can take up to 1 business day for your lab order to process through the lab (LabCorp) and then you will receive a secure email with a link to download your lab requisition. These emails can sometimes end up in the junk or spam folder of your email program, so be sure to check there for this email as well. The email with the lab requisition will come to you through a HIPAA complaint and secure document delivery service called "EnGuard" which allows us to keep all your information private and secure. If it is your first time using the EnGuard system you will first need to follow the instruction to create a password and then you will be able to view and download your documents.
- Once you receive your lab requisition you are then ready to go to a LabCorp patient facility to provide your samples for testing. We STRONGLY recommend you bring a printed copy of your lab requisition with you to your lab appointment, and never rely on them being able to find your information in their system. Bringing a printed copy of your lab requisition with you to the LabCorp facility will help make sure everything goes smoothly for you. Here is the link to the BLT System page to find the closest LabCorp facility to you: https://bltsystem-orderlabtesting.com/lab-locations.html
- After you provide your samples for lab testing it can take up to a full week (maybe longer) for the lab to complete your testing, but this will depend on the testing you order . . . some lab results come back in as little as one day and others can take up to a week or longer. Please note that we are not able to tell you the day or date of when your lab results will be completed. We simply have to wait until the lab has completed your testing and we will send you the results shortly after.
- LabCorp will release your results to the BLT System when ALL your lab testing is completed, and we will send your lab results to you via secure email within 1 business day of when we receive them from the lab.
Can I use my Healthcare Savings (HSA) card to purchase lab testing on the BLT System website?
Do I need some type of "doctor's orders" or doctor referral to order lab testing on the BLT System website?
No. You can order any lab testing anytime you want without the need of a doctor's referral or a doctor's lab order. Your order will go to the lab under the name of a doctor that is licensed to order lab testing in the state you are ordering from. See the exceptions below for New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island.
What are the limitations for ordering lab testing in New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island?
Due to the restrictive laws in these states (New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island) testing through LabCorp cannot be ordered in these states. LabCorp testing can be ordered in all other states (including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico) with no concerns.
How do I know my transaction will be safe?
Our online shopping cart and security technology ensures the safest and most reliable checkout experience for our customers.
What happens after I’ve placed my order?
After you submit your order for lab testing you will receive an email with your lab requisition (lab order) and your instructions for lab testing within 1 business day. You will then need to go to a LabCorp patient service center to provide your samples for testing. Instructions for finding the nearest LabCorp facility will be in the instructions provided by email. After providing your lab samples it can take up to a week for the lab to complete all of your testing and release your lab results. Some lab tests are completed quicker, and occasionally there can be delays at the lab making it take longer than a week. When the lab has completed your testing and released your results to the BLT System we will send them to you via secure email ASAP and always within 1 business day to the email address you input in your lab order for where you want your results sent to. If you are having your lab results sent to a health provider email address then you will need to contact them to get a copy of your lab results.
How are products delivered to me?
All lab requisitions, lab instructions, and lab results will be delivered by email via our secure and HIPAA compliant email service provider called "EnGuard". All your information remains secure and private during the entire process. If you are doing specialty testing (testing not being done by LabCorp - such as ZRT Labs or Genova Diagnostics) your test kit will be shipped from that lab directly to your address.
How long is the lab requisition good for before it expires?
When the lab requisition (lab order) is created it is good (or active) for a full 6 months before it will expire.
What is your refund or exchange policy?
If you order and pay for lab testing that is not completed . . . you can submit a request for a refund of the non-completed lab testing by email to [email protected] . Note that the processing fee of $5 - $20 (depending on the cost of your lab testing) AND the Credit Card Transaction fee from your order will NOT be refunded, but the full amount of the lab test items and the blood draw fee will be refunded to you. It can take 10 - 14 days for your refund to process and see the fees back into your own account.
Can this lab testing be billed to my health insurance?
We do NOT do any billing to your health insurance for the lab testing you order. When you pay for the lab testing through the BLT System you will always be paying out of pocket. Many people will use a credit card connected to their Healthcare Savings Account (HSA) or to some type of Medical Spending Account. You will receive a receipt or invoice by email showing that you've paid for this lab testing. Some people will submit the cost of the lab testing to their own health insurance to have what they paid out of pocket subtract from their deductible, or to see if their insurance will cover some or all of this lower cost lab testing.