Blue sample bag (baseline) must be collected as follows:
• Remove the blue breath collection bag from the kit.
• Remove the pulloff cap from mouthpiece of the breath collection bag.
Instruct the patient to breathe normally, then take a deep breath,
pause holding their breath for a full second (counting one, one
thousand) then exhale into the mouthpiece of the bag.
• Replace the cap in the mouth piece of the bag.
Prepare the fruit-flavored powder solution, containing 13C-urea diagnostic component as detailed in the kit instructions
Postdose sample bag is collected as follows:
• Instruct the patient to drink all the solution without “rinsing” mouth before swallowing.
• Have the patient sit quietly for 15 minutes. Set timer for 15 minutes.
• After 15 minutes, collect the pink or gray sample bag as outlined for the baseline specimen above.
All sample bags must be labeled according to LabCorp specimen labeling policies.